Director – Master of Financial Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
- How can banks best predict the what, when and where of customer needs?
- What role do new data sources like AI, robotics and IoT have to play?
- The intrusion of privacy: how far should personalisation go?
Former Chief Technology Officer
Siam Commercial Bank
- How to create successful partnerships – from selection to integration
- Building the enterprise culture to align technology and business teams
- Regaining customer trust through new technology and innovative products
- How are banks becoming more innovative and agile?
Executive General Manager Bankwest Technology & Transformation
While the Hayne Royal Commission didn’t recommend a whole swathe of new laws, there is no doubt that its reverberations will be felt for years to come. The banking sector is facing increased scrutiny by regulators, a range of new laws that create new obligations and consumer protections, and industry responses through changes to code, remunerations structures and culture and governance settings. This presentation will investigate:
- The post-RC regulatory environment
- The potential impact for competition in banking
- What can be done to ensure consumers are protected from misconduct in a way that doesn’t stifle competition
Director – Policy
Customer Owned Banking Association
- Exploring the biggest advantage challenger banks have in redesigning the parameters of financial products to make them more useful for a younger market
- With credit products in particular being 10 years behind the thinking of the target demographic, how can challengers lean into the opportunity?
- How financial institutions can and should empower consumers with more relevant and accessible products through open data and money management
Chief Executive Officer
- Understanding what the next digital economy will bring and what new services will be enabled
- Setting the right tone: open data banking to enhance the customer experience
- Creating a 99% automated customer journey: what does that look like?
- Finding the ideal balance between automation and human service
Executive Director of Community Information Support Services
Open Data Institute
- What cultural and emotional baggage are we bringing to our money?
- What does a low interest, low inflation future mean?
- How do people need to think differently to adapt?
- How do banks need to adapt to these different thinkers?
Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer
- Understanding the benefits and challenges of open banking
- Sharing insights from case studies - What have we learned thus far?
- How will open banking make a difference going forward?
Leader of Open Data & Open Banking
This session will highlight a case study on investment in debt management fintech.
Founder / CEO
Tiger Financial Group